1) I'm the only reviewer/reader. I need your book no less than two weeks before the review is scheduled to post. If you are looking for a promo, please do me the courtesy of getting your work to me at least three (3) days prior to your scheduled posting date. If you need to re-schedule or cancel, please let know ASAP.
2) I will NOT rewrite a review. I'm also not obligated to share the review with you prior to the posting date. I will provide the Permalink as soon as the post has been put in the scheduler.
3) While I'm willing to review any genre, there are a few taboos. I will not review or promo any works that contain any of the following:
- Graphic rape. If your work contains any reference to rape, you must let me know in advance. If the rape is graphic, your work will not be reviewed.
- Forced seduction/dubious consent. This is akin to rape. If this is the only basis for romance in the work, I'm not interested. Even arranged marriage is no excuse for forcing unwanted advances on another person, male or female.
- Under aged sex. I live in the US. The legal age for consent is 18. If your characters are in a sexual relationship or are having casual sex, they need to be 18 years old or older. All characters must be at least 21 years old to be involved in a ménage, polyamorous, or BDSM relationship.
- Incest. This includes "steps" being involved with each other. That's called social incest and is just as taboo as the traditional definition of incest.
- Beastiality and necrophilia. Shapeshifters and vampires are fine, as long as they still have a pulse. (Yes, I know vampires don't always a pulse. Work with me here.) I know it's gross, but it's come up.
- Snuff. No killing people or committing murder during sex. Again, this has to be said because someone sent me a work with graphic murder during the sex act. *shivers*
- Weapons placed inside the body cavities. Sadly, again, I have to say this because it's come up. No weapons used in place of a body part for the purposes of sexual assault. No discharging of said weapons to commit murder through either the anus or the vagina. I can't believe I have to say this, but this is a big no-no.
5) I don't mind adding graphics to posts. In fact, I encourage it. People like pictures. However, no exposed genitals, please. This is a blog, not a porn site.
6) In an effort to make Romance and More available to a wider audience, please keep the excerpts rated PG. The book can be as kinky as you want it to be. I just don't want to require an adult content warning on my blog.
If you've made it this far without leaving the page, way to go! I'd love to schedule a promo or a review with you. Email me the title, author's name, the publisher, the date published, and a blurb. Please put Review Request in the subject line. Please wait to send your file. walker.j.annas(at)gmail(dot)com. no everyone is going to love everything you do. Reviews are opinions, after all, but that doesn't mean it's personal. Just don't give up and let me see what else you have later.
Happy Reading~J. Annas Walker
(Annas is my maiden name and is pronounced like the spice Anise. I still giggle when I hear my Kindle pronounce it wrong.)